Losing Weight not Our Health – If you are overweight and willing to get leaner, you definitely will feel very happy knowing your weight loss. However, you should be aware if that happens without you do any diet or the weight loss is very extreme in a short time. It may be a symptom of a kind of disease. Furthermore, there are some causes of weight loss you need to notice.
Physical causes of weight loss
Here are some of the diseases that causes of weight loss.
- Cancer is the uncontrolled growth of abnormal cells anywhere in a body. When the cancer cells escape from the original cells and assault other organs or tissues, it is called metastatic.
- Tuberculosis (TB) is a serious infectious disease that is caused by bacteria Mycobacterium tuberculosis. Tuberculosis mainly affects the lungs but may also affect kidneys, spine or brain.
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) is a group of lung diseases that hinder airflow and result in difficult breathing.
- Diabetes are included in a metabolic disorder. Here you have high blood glucose levels (blood sugar). The cause may be either sufficient insulin is not produced in your body or your body does not respond properly to insulin. In some cases, the cause is both.
- Crohn’s disease is IBD or inflammatory disease. This disease results in the lining inflammation on your digestive system. Then, it is able to cause pain in abdominal section, diarrhea, and also malnutrition.
- Addison’s disease is a hormonal disorder. The adrenal glands make insufficient amount of hormones, cortisol and aldosterone, in some cases. It may influence all age groups and both genders.
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) destroys the immune system so that your body cannot counter infections and diseases no more. Furthermore, AIDS is the final stage of HIV infection.
Mental causes of weight loss
There are other causes of weight loss that mostly we are not aware of. One of the mental causes is depression. It is a mood disorder. When you are in depression, you will feel sadness, uneasy feeling or frustration. And, those negative feelings interfere with your everyday life for weeks or longer. Furthermore, stress and anxiety are usually associated with weight gain. However, anxiety may make you worry about things that should not be worried. Some symptoms of the three are not sleeping at all or sleeping too much, difficulty concentrating, negative thoughts, feelings of hopelessness and/or helplessness, and irritable. Then, those will simply result in significant weight loss.